Thursday, November 5, 2009

Introduction

And hello to you!

My name is Rosemary, and I am the newest contributing member of the infamous Two Coast Tales Blog! Wendy and Babs are some of my closest friends and I enjoy nothing more than wasting time at working scanning the recent blog posts from the two of them. First of all, if we are going to be spending time together, I think you should know a little bit about me:

I was born on the black sand beach in Santorini, Greece in an era where it was acceptable to send your baby out to sea if they did not have a full head of hair (a sign of prosperity in Greece). Which is exactly what happened to me. I was born after a mere 3 minutes of labor (I was the 14th child), and came out as bald as George Castanza. My crafty father had preemptively assembled a small wooden raft (just in case), and used it to send me out to the Aegean, and wished me the best. Luckily, I was intercepted by a cripple down the beach named Ernie, who became Uncle Ernie to me in the following years. Turns out, Ernie was used to this infant send-off practice and had planted himself in accordance with the tides to save the hairless babes. He had acquired quite a few children this way, so I grew up in a household of 7. He named me Rosemary after his favorite herb. I quickly became friends with one of my “sisters” who actually looked strangely identical to me. Her name is Greta and to this day people confuse the two of us because we look so much alike. In fact, I even confuse the two of us and have started answering to both names. Anyway, I had a pretty normal life growing up; skinning cats, picking the lice out of my siblings’ hair, pretending to be a cross eyed homeless kid to pick up a few extra bucks before the weekend – life was great. Around age 20 I came to America a la James Frey: woke up on a plane with no recollection of how I got there, bruised and battered, and smelling like booze. I got off the plane, saw the Texas sign and thought “Heck, why not?” so decided to stick around. Luckily I’ve met such great people (Wendy, Babs, etc.) and made a nice little life for myself here. TCT is just another way to keep in touch with the people who have made me who I am today.

Thanks for letting me be a part of it! Opa!

Πολλή αγάπη,

Rosemary

1 comment:

  1. OPA! Rosemary! OPA!

    Awesome first post...any reason you picked green? Now we look like a freaking christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete